wow, thats a first, never considered perry an elite player myself.
I know I'll probably get bashed for this, and I dont think he's one of the greatest ever, but Prince can rip a guitar likes it's nothing..
This is true.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
1-Hendrix
2-Clapton
3-Page
4-SRV
5-Jeff Beck
6-Robert Johnson
7-Van Halen
8-Gilmour
9-Townshend
10-Adam Jones
I was thinking the same thing during the halftime show.
Prince is amazing. I tried telling old chubz this in an old best guitarist thread.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
prince is awesome. I really enjoyed his half time show. Man, can he play.. he throws a little rock, with a little blues, and makes it sound oh so nice
The original post in the thread asked for "favorites" not necessarily elite. Joe Perry is a fine guitar player, and he certainly brings something to the table that made classic Aerosmith great. Likewise, I love Ace Frehley's playing. He may not have been the wizard that Eddie Van Halen was, but he certainly played soulful, melodic solos that weren't necessarily geared toward showmanship. I'd much rather have a guitar solo with its own melody than a bunch of notes mashed together that sound like a drowning turkey.
Also, its hard to not mention Tony Iommi when thinking of favorites. He was and remains great.
You wanted the best, you got the best...
Anyone who doesn't think Perry is good has never heard Sweet Emotion [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban
Jimmi Hendrix [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
Bookmarks